|South Carolina Department of Revenue
Income Tax Refund Prepaid Debit Card
|The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) offers South Carolina taxpayers with an efficient option to receive their personal income tax refund. The SCDOR Income Tax Refund Prepaid Debit Card is the result of collaborative efforts by SCDOR with Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Visa and will provide taxpayers with a prepaid debit card containing the amount of their personal income tax refund. Taxpayers will have the option to choose their refund via direct deposit, prepaid debit card or paper check. Taxpayers choosing either direct deposit or a prepaid card generally receive their income tax refunds faster due to the expediency of electronic payments.|
|Benefits of using the SCDOR Income Tax Refund Prepaid Debit Card include:|
- No more check-cashing fees
- Reduced security risks associated with lost or stolen checks
- Get access to cash at ATMs, retailers, and at any bank or credit union that accepts Visa
- Use your card to pay bills
- Card Account information and Card customer service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from Bank of America
Related DOR Resources
- Visit SCDOR Individual Income Tax page for Individual Income Tax Fast Facts and to check your refund status.
|Bank of America Customer Service Information:|
|Contact Bank of America Customer Service for the following inquiries only if a Debit Card has already been issued.
- Card Activation
- Account activity
- Card Account balance
- Card function
- Lost or stolen card
- ATM locations
- PIN reset
- Address updates
|Bank of America Customer Service is available using one of the options listed below:
For any other inquiries, contact the SC Department of Revenue at 803.898.5709
We are on Twitter! For SCDOR Income Tax Refund Prepaid Debit Card and other SCDOR news, follow us on Twitter @SCDOR.